As Americans we hold the largest power and responsibility of any citizens on the planet, the control and direction of out nations political machine, its cogs, and its direction. This comming fall holds another series of elections which will determine who our legislative branch will be, the people making the laws and keep a check on the executive branch. In two years we get a whole new executive branch, they run policy and hold a check over the legislators via presidential veto and lobbying power. So before the fall season kicks off, and because there is as much of a mess at home as there is aborad, we need to keep an eye on who is voting on what these days, it is our responsibility as we put these people into power and tell them what to do by email, letter, phone call, fax, etc.
Below is a list of current topics:
Recent Congressional Votes –
* Senate: Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007 – Vote Passed (100-0)
* House: Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act – Vote Passed (317-93, 22 Not Voting)
** For those of you noticing I had 5 or 6 comments from an online casino that were advertisements
* House: Voting Rights Act Reauthorization Act – Vote Passed (390-33, 9 Not Voting)
Upcoming Congressional Bills –
* Senate: Fetus Farming Prohibition Act of 2006
* Senate: Alternative Pluripotent Stem Cell Therapies Enhancement Act
* Senate: Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act
* House: Marriage Protection Amendment
* House: Pledge Protection Act
* House: U.S.-Oman Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
In America we all have a voice and an opinion, why not take the 20 or so minutes to look up your representatives email, draft a letter for or against a bill of your chosing and take the responsibility to make your voice heard, for if you don’t vote or tell your representative how to vote… you can’t complaign!